The Untold story

This is a little about me. Just a small story about the real Ronald Kibet.
Years have gone by since you brought me in this world,
When i was young i never had the privileges of good parenting,
When i was 3 i had to run away from home to the streets for my own wellbeing,
Then my dad and mum were slaves to illicit brew,
No one cared what we ate or where we slept,
Our big sister ran away to our grandma, there she went to school and came to visit once,
My two brothers and i were left in 'hell' with our don't care parents,
My parents could brew very early in the morning and start drinking as early as 6am,
When we woke up there was no breakfast only the well known "eye killer" 'chang'aa',
So we had to drink chang'aa and ugali for breakfast,
Due to much consumption of illicit brew as kids, my two brothers died at the age of 4,
There is when i left home and set off to the streets,
No one chased me away from home i just found myself gone,
There in the streets life was tough and unbearable for a 3 year old kid,
I had to endure the night cold and the ruthlessness of lice,
During the day i could walk for kilometers going nowhere,
I could stop from house to house working for them just to get food,
Life was hard and no one cared,
No day did my parents came after me looking for me,
As a kid of 3 years i had to be very decisive and cunning for my survival,
Stealing food from people's garden was my main hobby if i was denied food,
I remember in the year 2003 i was arrested for stealing carrots in a hospital garden,
I spent 2 weeks behind bars with four strokes daily,
After my release, that night i broke in to a hotel and stole three hundred shillings,
I had to run as far as i could because i knew if i was caught again, it could be worse than the four strokes,
That night i walked very far away from home,
After spending all my money in exile i came back home after two weeks,
I was now becoming notorious and well know by people and also the police,
My life has been like going to and fro hell on a daily basis,
I have been through worst and that worst has brought a beast in me,
Thoughts and stress sometimes kill me within but all in all life must go on,
And i have no space to complain and give up,
Though after those many years i have been on the run away from my parents,
They have never changed,
For me i don't know the meaning of having parents,
All i know is that God gave me chances i never deserved and still gives me to date, 
In my heart i don't have parents though they still exist,
All i pray in my life is to give meaning to other people's lives and that include my kids that is if God grant me a family.
To all of you who have loving and caring parents be thankful.

Comments

  1. We are all human we fail but when we get up We keep on moving. And that's all that matters keep pushing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life isn't easy and we must all learn to go through what comes our way, you've taught me to be strong in whatever circumstance, I ask you to be like you always are

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life isn't easy and we must all learn to go through what comes our way, you've taught me to be strong in whatever circumstance, I ask you to be like you always are

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LEGEND

Tell 'em.